Thursday, April 10, 2008

Polls

For years now I've been hearing the Nazis... oh sorry, I mean Republicans claim their enemies are "reacting to polls" and that their enemies' opinions change "at the whim of the polls." At what point does consistency stop being whimsy? At what point do the desires of the governed supercede those of the rulers? I thought this country was a representative government, not a Republican Party government. We're five years into a stupid, illegal, and immoral war that many of us have been against since the beginning. Am I reacting to a poll? Is my opinion a whimsy? In this NPR report* a Nazi... sorry, Republican accuses those that want to bring some sense of sanity and humanity to troop rotations of changing troop rotations based on polls. Those against the war and it's abuse of our military personnel have been trying to reduce the amount of time our troops spend in theater for, what, four years or more? How is this "reacting to polls" as opposed to being consistent?

As soon as I can listen back to this report and find out who the Nazi... gosh! I keep calling those people what they are instead of what they call themselves... was I'm going to add him to my list of people whose face I will spit into at the first opportunity.

*audio not yet available as of this posting but should be there in about an hour.