Monday, November 2, 2009

Another Reason to Hate the South



After living in Savannah, Georgia for a year, the stupidity of Southerners is no surprise to me. I'm perhaps more surprised at the Midwest numbers which I would have expected to be closer to even (I'm not sure if they're counting Kentucky in the Midwest or South). Can the GOP widen their appeal to more than just the ignorant bigots that support them now? Do they even realize their support is now limited to inbred southern whites? Or have they gone so far down the path of whoring to the ultra-right wing zealots of the country that they have begun believing their own rhetoric? This is, after all, the party that called a fraction of a percent, hotly contested victory "a mandate." More than a few times I heard Republicans refer to Bush's "election" as a vote by "the vast majority of Americans." The last I heard, 50.2% is not a "vast majority" of anything. Personally I'm just fine with the GOP continuing to become further right, more white, and more stupid. Now if the Democrats would just grow some balls and get to work.

[I posted this a few weeks ago on Facebook before I realized it's a worthless forum for political musings. I prefer to type to myself.]