Monday, November 28, 2011

War On Xmas Bullshit Continues

So I signed on to Facebook a few days back and found a "War on Christmas" statement the wingnuts are passing around.  As a non-Christian I was slightly offended even though I know this is a Fox News invented pile of shit and the girl that posted it is kind of stupid.  Still I decided to pull her strings.  I got "unfriended."  Just before that I copied the exchange (and missed expanding a couple of the posts to my chagrin).  Here it is with last names and Facebook links removed:



Tiffany W_____
WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP..... We can't say Merry Christmas now we have to say Happy Holidays. We can't call it a Christmas tree, it's now called a Holiday tree? Because it might offend someone. If you don't ike our "Customs" and it offends you so much then GO HOME. I will help you pack. They are called customs and we have our traditions If you... agree with this...please post this as your status!! I AM A PROUD AMERICAN CITIZEN... MERRY CHRISTMAS Do you have what it takes to repost this? I sure do !!
Bonnie L W_____ MERRY CHRISTMAS ♥
18 hours ago · Like · 2
 
William P_______ awesome! stealing it!
18 hours ago · Like · 2

Alan Miller I prefer to be nice to people that don't share my religion. Last I looked "Christian" is nowhere in the definition of what it takes to be American.
14 hours ago · Like

Tiffany W_____
As an American born in the U.S.A. I was brought up with the constitutional rights of this country. Freedom of speech and religion. I was also brought up on certain values and traditions. The fact that the Obama administration has declared t...See More
14 hours ago · Like

Alan Miller It's my country too, and my Jewish friends, and others.
14 hours ago · Like

Tiffany W_____ Yes it is and we have had a "Chritsmas Tree" and said "Merry Christmas" for years and years and now all of a sudden "people" seem to have a big problem about it. They need to get off their high horse and just let it be like it always was. It was never hurting anyone before, why now all of a sudden?! How would you and all aother Jewish people feel if "they" decided to change Hanukkah in someway?
3 hours ago · Like · 2

Alan Miller You watch too much Fox News. There is no "War on Christmas." It's complete bullshit. What I hate about this "leave my country" hatred you're espousing is that it is utterly counter to anything Jesus taught. He taught love, tolerance, and forgiveness. Try reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Good_Samaritan

en.wikipedia.org
The parable of the Good Samaritan is a parable told by Jesus and is mentioned in only one of the Canonical gospels. According to the Gospel of Luke (10:25-37) a traveller (who may or may not be Jewish[1]) is beaten, robbed, and left half dead along the road. First a priest and then a Levite come by,...
3 hours ago · Like ·

Bonnie L W_____ MADE IN AMERICA ♥
about an hour ago · Like

Tiffany Wright Hey we all have a right to say what the hell we want! Last i checked its still a free country "thought it sure dont seem like it" If you don't like what I have to say then keep your nosey ass off my page or better yet remove me from your friends list. The truth hurts get over it!
about an hour ago · Like · 1


en.wikipedia.org
Christmas controversy refers to controversy or disagreement surrounding the celebration or acknowledgment of the Christmas holiday in government, media, advertising and various secular environments. In the past, Christmas-related controversy was mainly restricted to concerns of a public focus on sec...
about an hour ago · Like

Lori B_______ K_____ I couldnt agree with you more Tiffany Wright!!!!!! Well said
21 minutes ago · Like

Alan Miller Yes yes. This is a manufactured controversy played up by Fox News and its bunch of blathering idiots. Nobody gives a sh!# whether you say Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday. Which one you use shows whether or not you care about other people that believe differently from you. You obviously hate people that aren't "Christian." I'd say by hating them you yourself are not a Christian.
20 minutes ago · Like

Alan Miller
In the Good Samaritan the "Holy" people were walking past the suffering man, but it was a non-holy Samaritan that stopped and helped. Jesus's message was you don't have to be religious to be good and being religious does not mean you aren't...See More
19 minutes ago · Like

Lori B_______ K_____ Im a Christian and PROUD of it!!
19 minutes ago · Like

Alan Miller Do you hate non-Christians?
17 minutes ago · Like

Alan Miller I don't even know why I bother trying to reason with fundamentalists like you. You've barely read three words I've written.
16 minutes ago · Like

Lori B_______ K_____ I dont know who you are but you seem like a Jack ASS!!!!!!!
15 minutes ago · Like · 1

Alan Miller The whole "War on Christmas" is a load of crap. You can say whatever the hell you want and display whatever you want in your house and in your yard. If a bank decides that it doesn't wan to to offend their non-Christian customers that simply sounds smart to me but to you it's WAR. What nonsense.
15 minutes ago · Like

Alan Miller Following the lead of Jesus, I see. Loving strangers, accepting differences in others, and all that.
14 minutes ago · Like

Alan Miller I'm a jack ass because I don't hate everyone that doesn't believe like me. Sure, if that's your definition, I'll take it. But I'm pretty sure Jesus would be appalled by all of you haters.
13 minutes ago · Like

Lori B_______ K_____ My opinion I dont hate anyone! I just dont agree with the way Jews are end of it!!!!!!!!!! Everytime a jew come to my door trying totalktome they get run off or the door shut in there face I dont want to hear the crap they have to say I know whats right
11 minutes ago · Like

Alan Miller You do know that Jews don't evangelize, right? If you've talked to a Jew about their religion it's been because you started the conversation. Muslims also don't evangelize so the same stands true. The only people that go door to door annoying the crap out of people are Christians of one sort or another like Baptist, Mormon, Jehova's Witnesses, and Church of Christ.
3 minutes ago · Like

Alan Miller If you want to force people to leave their home here in America because they're not Christian, how is that not hate?
3 minutes ago · Like