Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New Camera

So I finally closed my eyes and jumped and bought a Nikon D-80 with two VR lenses. I've wanted this camera for a few years and was surprised at how "affordable" the camera with two lenses and extras was (compared to how much I'd imagined). So let's just say I feel like I've moved from a horse and buggy to an F-16. Not a bare backed horse to begin with and not an F-22 to end with... but a very large leap. Here are some pictures I've taken with it. Some are taken with the Nikon 18mm-55mm VR DX lense while others are taken with the 70mm-300mm VR lense. The "VR" = "vibration reduction" which is some kind of internal motion thing in the lense that holds the image steady. It's pretty amazing, especially in the full telephoto mode allowing hand-held shots in medium to low light at 300mm. I think they have binoculars with that technology as well. I want a pair! So I love the camera and lenses and here's some of what I've gotten so far: