Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Car Wreck Meme

Over the last few weeks, as I read more cartoons per day than is probably healthy, I have seen a single theme repeated more than any other I remember. It is really common for five to ten editorial cartoons or three or four daily strips to share a theme over a week or two but this is something else all together. If I were to add in all the "Bush hands disaster to Obama" themed cartoons the number would be hundreds. So here I present a small collection of Obama or the American people being given a car (or other vehicle) that is about to crash or has been wrecked. Perhaps a senseless waste of time or perhaps it says something deep about our collective soul. I'm going with the waste of time...

















These cartoons come from scanning my cartoon sources since 12-31-08. I'm sure I've missed some.