Friday, March 6, 2009

The Limbaugh Lie of the Day Podcast

conceptual gorilla radio

I used to listen to Limbaugh now and then in the mid 90's but was so frustrated by the lies and stupidity that constantly spewed from my speakers that I eventually had to quit listening to him for my own health.

Limbaugh says when he first met Bobby Jindal he thought he was "the next Reagan" and that we should like him even more after his unbelievably awful rebuttal to Obama's recent speech because we need someone who isn't articulate and well spoken. Those people are suspect. Through the looking glass, Alice. Just right through.

These days Limbaugh is in the news a lot. It's basically because he's a treasonous bastard but he whines that it's because he's "taken out of context." This from the king of taking people out of context (he edited an interview with Tom Brokaw to make it sound like Brokaw was afraid of Obama and knew nothing about him, for instance). I decided I should keep up with him from quotes I've read and clips I've watched in the last six months or so and then I found this podcast: The Limbaugh Lie of the Day. The host, Joe Lyles, is bombastic and blustering but he also refutes Limbaugh's lies with facts and reason. That combination might be what you need to get your right wing friends and family to actually listen to him. Lyles gets mad at Limbaugh and calls him out on his bullshit. The podcasts are usually around ten minutes long, and a lot of that is the intro and outro.

A quick perusal of Media Matters yields even more evidence of Limbaugh's activities.

I was considering running a series of all the Rush Limbaugh based editorial cartoons from the last week but decided it would take up way too much space. But I would like to post a couple: