Thursday, August 7, 2008

We Are the Physics



This has got to be in the top ten favorite new bands of the last year. It was almost exactly a year ago today that I downloaded a Wednesday BBC6 Broadcast. It was The Brain Surgery with Marc Riley and he featured the band We Are the Physics live in the studio. They opened the show at about nine million miles an hour from zero. Riley gushed about how this was the best band he'd ever had in the studio and the band's performances are just astonishing, especially considering the four songs are spread out over the entire two hour show so they were going from zero to nine million miles an hour for every song. I don't think there's a way to link you to this particular show, unfortunately. We Are the Physics were unbelievable.

I was so impressed with this band that I ordered their single from England the next day for something like $25, just to help them out in some way. They're really quite amazing and I just hope I can see them live some day. They have an album out now.